TSPU STUDENT, MASTER OF SPORTS OF RUSSIA in Kyokushin in interview with EDITOR of “SIBKYOKUSHIN”
Accepting the challenges of the new reality, students of the Faculty of Physical Culture and Sports of the TSPU try to maintain their shape at home.
Today our guest is Nikita Zezulya, student of the Faculty of Physical Culture and Sports, master of sports of Russia in kyokushin, bronze medalist of the All-Russian tournament «AKR» 2018, two-time medalist of the Russian Cup, winner of the Russian Championship, bronze medalist of the World Championship.
In the editorial office of the «SibKyokushin» community, he will tell about sports life in self-isolation, transition to a new category, as well as future prospects.
- How do you keep fit during self-isolation?
- As well as before self-isolation - study, training. I keep in shape with cross-country exercises on horizontal bars and parallel bars.
- In the adult category, you have already won the Cup of Russia, became the winner of the All-Russian tournament "AKP", while you are only 21 years old. How did you manage to successfully enter the new category?
- All the achievements are merit of the trainers. They competently build the training process and form the mood for victory.
- Your most frequent opponent is Viktor Belyaev, he is also from Tomsk.
- We have a good relationship with Victor. I respect him, but I do not keep a personal account.
- At the moment, you are one of the brightest fighters in Siberia, with beautiful punches, combinations, and several times you have managed to knockout your opponents. Tell us how you can quickly make non-standard decisions and how are knockout techniques prepared?
- Knockout techniques are prepared in many repetitions of the selected strike. Decisions to beat are made depending on when you see that the opponent lowered his hand. And thanks to muscle memory, the leg flies out automatically.
- A beautiful fight was demonstrated by you and Bolotov Vadim from Novosibirsk at the Championship of the Siberian Federal District. But besides you, in the category up to 80 kg no one else showed up. What is the reason for the drop in competition among men in the Siberian region?
- This is due to the fact that many fighters do not reach the age of 18+. If you are going to fight in “adult” category, you must live in sports, this should be your main goal. Many take exams, go to universities and they can’t combine sports and studies.
- Which of the young guys could compete among men in the future?
- I would like to mention the guy from Kemerovo - Spartak Ogly Razhda (coach F. Kasumov), from Tomsk - Sergey Andropov (coach K. Rodin).
- In March, the IFK Russian Championship took place, where you lost to the winner of the tournament. What was not enough to win?
- I lacked the proper mood, I think next time everything will be different.
- During quarantine, ipeople tend to be nostalgic and remember the bouts of past years. When you were younger, whose fights impressed you?
- I always watch the old battles of Hajime Kazumi and Farid Kasumov.