Obukhov Valery Vladimirovich
Rector: Valery Obukhov
Academic degree: Doctor of Physics and Mathematics
Academic title: Professor
Address: 634061 , Tomsk, ul. Kievskaya, 60 office 301
Telephone: ( 3822) 52-17-54
Opening hours: Monday-Friday 8.45 - 13.00 and 13.45 - 17.15
Visitors hours: second and fourth Monday of each month.
Education, scientific activity
- 1969-1974 - Student of Physics Faculty at Tomsk State University
- 1975-1978 - Post-graduate student
- 1979 - Candidate's Dissertation (Lomonosov Moscow State University)
- 1990 - Doctor's Dissertation (Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna)
- 1994 - Academic status of Professor at the Department of Theoretical Physics
Field of Scientific Activity
The head of the scientific school of theoretical physicists in the direction of classification problems research in gravity theory. The principles of classifications of spatio-temporal manifolds are developed according to the presence of specified sets of Killing's fields. Important classification problems for stackel, conformally-stackel and homogeneous spaces for general theory of relativity (both in the presence of substance and in vacuum, as well as for alternative gravitation theories (including for theories with a dilatopic field) have been set and solved. As a result a new scientific school on the verge of gravity and mathematical physics was created.
Articles in the leading foreign journals (J. Math Phys., Journal of Phys., Phys. Lett., and others) are regularly quoted by the specialists in the field of gravitation and mathematical physics.
A visiting professor of the universities of Barcelona (Spain), Cali (Colombia), Pembroke (USA); a member of the American Mathematical Society; Honorary Professor of the University of North Carolina in Pembroke (USA); a full member of the International Pedagogical Academy.
Heads the project on improvement of personnel potential of ungraded rural schools of Tomsk region jointly with the Department of General Education of Tomsk region. The program is developed on the basis of the concept of creating administrative-pedagogical teams which are able to solve actual problems that an ungraded rural school has. The results received high evaluation of pedagogical teams and schools involved in this project and support of the Department of State Policy of the RF Ministry of Education and Science.
Lecture courses on Classical Mechanics, Physics of Nucleus and Elementary Particles, General Theory of Relativity.
Research adviser on 5 Candidate and 1 Doctoral dissertation.
- 1994 - Head of Post-Graduate Department
- 1994 - Head of Doctoral Department
- 1994-2000 - Vice-Rector for Research, TSPU
- 2000 - till present - Rector, TSPU
- 2001 - till present - Chairman of Dissertation Board on Doctoral Programs (13.00.01, 13.00.08).
Editor-in-chief of the scientific journal “TSPU Bulletin”, which is included in the list of leading peer-reviewed journals of Higher Attestation Commission.
Member of Organizing Committees of a number of national and international scientific conferences.
Reviewer of scientific journals “Russian Journal of Physics” (Russia) and Mathematical Review (the USA).
Since 1996 - till present – head of the researchers’ group working on RFBR grant in Mathematics. Executor of RFBR grants in Physics, programme “Universities of Russia” and presidential programme of support of the leading scientific schools of Russia.
Head of the grant of federal scientific-technical programme “Priority Lines of Science and Technology”, two scientific projects “Education Development”, one of which is currently being implemented.
Scientific coordinator of subprogramme “Peculiarities of General Education”.
2009 – head of the grant “Scientific and Methodical Support of Content Improvement and Development of Educational Programmes of Additional Education of Ungraded Rural School Teachers under the
Conditions of Introducing FSES of New Generation” of departmental target program "Development of the Scientific Potential of Higher Education (2009-2010)."
2003-2005, 2006-2007, 2008-2009 head of the grant of the President of the Russian Federation for support of the leading scientific schools of the RF.
Other statuses and awards
- 1997/2007 Laureate of Tomsk region Administration Scholarships in education and science
- 2001/2003 Letters of commendation of the Ministry of Education
- 2002/2004 Letters of commendation of Tomsk region Administration
- 2002 – Honorary Badge “Honorary Employee of Higher Professional Education”
- 2002 – Medal “For Merits to Tomsk State University”
- 2003 – Medal “For Merits in Carrying out the National Population Census”
- 2004 – Letter of commendation of the Ministry of Education and Science
- 2004 – Medal “For Merits to the City”
- 2004 – Anniversary Medal “100 years of Trade Unions of Russia ”
- 2007 – Letter of commendation of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast
Statements and Presentations
- 21 September, 2015 "Development of strategic partnership of general and pedagogical education systems in the Tomsk region"
- 7 August, 2015 Interview to the regional weekly newspaper “Tomskiye Novosti” (Tomsk News)
- 2 April, 2015 The article "School of Talents" in the magazine "Territory of Intellect"
The total number of publications is 120, 4 of them are monographs.