Faculty of Physical Education and Sports
We welcome you to join the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports.
Our main advantages:
- Qualified pedagogical staff, we have more than 70 years of experience in training specialists in the field of physical culture and sports.
- The faculty has a separate academic building equipped with excellent classrooms for lectures and seminar classes, computer classrooms, anatomy classrooms, and technical facilities. Thus, all disciplines are studied in one place and there is no need to move from one building to another.
- The hostel for the students of our faculty is located next to the academic building, which allows you to get to the class very quickly, without using public transport.
- The modern facilities of the faculty for practicing sports disciplines. The variety of sports facilities, equipped in accordance with modern requirements provides high-level teaching of sports such as basketball, volleyball, football, swimming, athletics, gymnastics, martial arts, weightlifting, and many others.
- Excellent conditions for sports improvement in the chosen field. Students of the Faculty of Physical Culture and Sports of the TSPU, showing high results in sport, have the opportunity to study on an individual schedule, regularly attend sports competitions, combining them with their study.
- The largest number of state-funded places among similar faculties of the city of Tomsk, which significantly increases the chance for admission and training on a budgetary basis.
- The diversity of educational programs allows applicants to choose the most suitable course.
- The historical importance of the faculty. The faculty of physical culture and sports of the TSPU was founded in 1949 and is the oldest in Siberia. Long-established sports and student traditions distinguish it from similar faculties of other Tomsk universities.
We are sure that you will make the right choice by becoming a part of the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports of TSPU!
Vakurin Anatoly Nikolaevich,
Dean of the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, TSPU
History and achievements
The Faculty of Physical Education and Sports was established in 1949 and is the oldest beyond the Urals among similar faculties. For 70 years the faculty has prepared more than 4 500 specialists in physical culture and sports. Among the graduates of the faculty are outstanding sportsmen and teachers.
The contribution of our students to the sports achievements of Russia and the Tomsk region is significant. Among graduates of the faculty are the honored masters of sports, Masters of sports of international level, Masters of sports of the USSR, and the Russian Federation:
Honored Master of Sports, Champion of the Olympic Games in Turin 2006, Honorary Citizen of Tomsk N. Masalkina-Baranova;
World champion in the Greco-Roman wrestling A. Yurkevich;
Winner of the USSR Cup in cross-country skiing, the World Cup participant N. Terebova;
Marathon runner, a member of the national teams of the RSFSR and the USSR, the USSR champion among juniors in 1978 E. Okorokova;
Yu Ampleeva — the record holder of the RSFSR in weightlifting, a member of the national team of the country;
A. Borshchenko — bronze medalist of the European Athletics Championships in 2005;
E. Tanokova — four-time champion and repeated world record holder in powerlifting;
A. Chesnokova — European and world champion in powerlifting;
I. Seletnikova — repeated winner and prize-winner of the Russian Greco-Roman wrestling championships;
Yu. Suhoplyuev and A. Bolobko — members of the national teams of the country in the Greco-Roman wrestling;
B. Yevstigneyev is a double master of sports in Greco-Roman wrestling and sambo; as well as achievements of our athletes A. Zyuzin, V. Kleshenogova, V. Kuznetsov, O. Druzhinina, and many others.
The Faculty of Physical Culture and Sports of the TSPU offers a wide range of training areas for bachelors and masters in the field of teacher education, physical culture, and sports. The "Pedagogical education" course allows graduates to work in various educational institutions, the "Physical Culture" course is related to the training of sportsmen, and the “Adapted Physical Education" course allows the graduates to work with the category of people who have various health deviations.
A highly professional pedagogical staff is working at the Faculty. Among them are Doctors of Sciences, professors, some of them having titles of "Honored Worker of Physical Culture", 17 candidates of science. Among the teachers are Honored masters of sports, Masters of sports of international class, Masters of sports of the USSR and Russia, world record-holders. For instance, the teaching staff of the Swimming Department includes Master of sports of international class, World Champion in swimming in fins A.Yu. Vyazigin — Ph.D., associate professor of the Swimming Department; Twice Master of Sports of the USSR in underwater sport and officer triathlon. Bezotechestvo — Ph.D., Head of the Swimming Department.
Among the teachers of our faculty are such well-known specialists of the Tomsk Region in the field of physical culture and sports as:
- N. I. Masalkina-Baranova — Honored Master of Sports, Olympic champion of Turin, Honorary Citizen of Tomsk;
- M.V. Maksimov — Honored Master of Sports, multiple World and European Champion in swimming in fins ;
- Master of Sports of International Class, World Champion in powerlifting, World Record-holder — A.V. Chesnokov — Ph.D., - Associate Professor;
- Multiple World Champion, Honored Master of Sports — E. T. Tanokova — Associate Professor;
- Honored Master of Sports, World and European Champion in Kettlebell Lifting — V.S. Polyansky, the senior lecturer.
During the study, our students have to choose a certain kind of sport for specialization and then they are going to study the theory and methodology of the chosen sport. Students are given an excellent opportunity to do sports, improve their sports skills, participate in various competitions. Students with remarkable results have an opportunity to learn on an individual schedule. At the moment, among the students of the Faculty are: 1 Honored Master of Sports, 11 Masters of Sport of Russia, 30 candidates for the master of sports.
• a computer class;
• specialized educational auditoriums (anatomical room, sports and rehabilitation and therapeutic-prophylactic massage room, museum of physical culture and sports);
• Health Science research center;
• specialized gyms (gyms for sports games, gymnastics and martial arts, aerobics and therapeutic physical training);
• universal (multifunctional) sports halls;
• TSPU Stadium;
• Burevestnik ski base, used on the basis of cooperation and lease agreements;
• TSPU "Poseidon" swimming pool.
The faculty has a student self-government body — a student council that organizes the public, scientific, and cultural work of the students at the faculty. Members of the student council participate in the organization of festivals ("Dedication to students", "Olympic Ball", "Startus", etc.), scientific and practical conferences, sports competitions, and festivals. Students publish their own student newspaper called "Sports chronicle".
In addition to study and social life, students have the opportunity to improve the level of sportsmanship in the chosen sport. Among our students, there are many impressive sportsmen who regularly take part in competitions of the all-Russian and international levels.
The student community is always ready to meet active, smart, and independent young people!
Join us at the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports of the TSPU!
|Training program||Program's code||Degree||Study mode||Entrance tests|
|Pedagogical education (with two training profiles): Physical culture and Additional Education||44.03.05||Bachelor||5 yrs.||—||
|Pedagogical Education: Physical Training||44.03.01||Bachelor||—||5 yrs.||
|Pedagogical Education: Physical Training||44.04.01