Faculty of History and Philology
The main task of the faculty is high-quality education of students, who will be able to implement their professional competence in the broad field of humanitarian and educational activities in Russia and abroad. History and philology, archeology and journalism, ethnology and museology, rhetoric and religion will open to you an amazing and mysterious world of heroes, civilizations, and epochs. We offer you Interesting archaeological excavations in the Tomsk region and Altai, unique practices (pedagogical, instructor, archival, museum, folklore), unforgettable trips to museums in Russia, language practice at Wroclaw University (Poland), Olomouc University (Czech Republic), Mudanjiang University (China), new impressions and amazing meetings.
Our graduates have vast opportunities for professional research, administrative, educational, cultural, and creative activity in institutes of general and additional education as well as in the field of cultural activities (media, museums, libraries, art institutions, etc.), public and municipal management, and governmental structures.
The graduates of the faculty take leading teaching positions in educational institutions and efficiently solve issues of historical and social science and philological education in Russia and abroad. Education at the TSPU allows our graduates to realize their professional demands and be successfully engaged in many sectors of economy, governance, and politics.
Dean of the Faculty of History and Philology, Candidate of History,
Associate Professor of the TSPU, Galkina Tatyana Vasilievna.
THE MAIN FEATURES OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM:
- Fundamental humanitarian training;
- Summer internships: archaeological internships (Tomsk region, Altay), museum internships (Tomsk, Pskov, Irkutsk, St. Petersburg), folklore and dialectological internships (Tomsk region);
- Senior students may participate in the following research and educational areas provided by our faculty: Slavic languages, linguistic-cultural studies, practical journalism and communications, rhetoric studies, world art, modern discursive practices: aesthetics and poetics, ethnocultural history of the peoples of Western Siberia, actual problems of world history, local history and museology, history and social studies in secondary education;
- Opportunity of profound language training at the Centre for Polish language and Culture (office of Wroclaw University) with further training at universities of the Republic of Poland;
- The Faculty is equipped with modern multimedia and interactive facilities;
We are proud of our creative and talented students. They write poems and stage plays, participate in competitions and publish student newspapers. The faculty members are always ready to help students to realize their creative ideas.
THE FACULTY CONSISTS OF:
- Department of World History, Archaeology and Ethnology
- Department of Russian History and Methods of Teaching History and Social Studies
- Department of Russian Literature
- Department of Russian Language
- Department of Theory and Teaching Methods of Russian language and literature
- Centre of Russian Language and Culture
- Siberian Scientific and Educational Center for the Study of Children and Youth Literature and the Development of the Reading Culture
|Training program||Program's code||Degree||Study mode||Entrance tests|
|Pedagogical Education (with two training profiles): Russian Language and Literature||44.03.05||Bachelor||5 yrs.||6 yrs.||
|Pedagogical Education (with two training profiles): History and Social Studies||44.03.05||Bachelor||5 yrs.||6 yrs.||
|Pedagogical Education: History||44.04.01
|Pedagogical Education: Philology||44.04.01||Master||2 yrs.||—||
|Pedagogical Education: Russian as a Foreign Language||44.04.01||Master||2 yrs.||—||