Faculty of Technology and Entrepreneurship
Dean: Elena Kolesnikova
Address: 634057, Tomsk, ul . Karla Ilmera , 15/ 1, office 233a
Phone: (3822) 311241, internal phone: 3145
The task of the faculty and the area of professional activity of graduates: The first and foremost task of the faculty is training of modern, competent, competitive specialists who can develop the fundamental science and solve practical problems that are important for education, industry and business.
The faculty is equipped with modern facilities. The highly qualified teaching staff provides training in innovative educational technology, catering technology, design, life safety, construction, repair and maintenance of complex household, appliances and cars. The faculty educate students in economics and management, business planning of one’s own business.
Our graduates work in schools, high schools, colleges, specialized companies, security agencies, the Ministry of Emergencies, Defence, Ministry of Internal Affairs, etc. We are working to ensure a good career for graduates to start their career in the labour market. For us it is important not only to ensure the employment of students in the chosen profession but also to encourage their further career development. Thus, we work closely with employers, trying to take into account suggestions for the training of young professionals.
Faculty efforts are aimed at creating competitive advantages and potential excellence in economy of the 21st century!
The main features of the Faculty of Technology and Entrepreneurship training programm:
The Faculty of Technology and Entrepreneurship offers three major accredited professional educational programs: “Technology and Entrepreneurship”, “Life Safety”, “Vocational training (by industry)” and three accredited directions: “Technological Education”, “Teacher Education” and “Professional training (by industry)“.
Special subjects, disciplines of specialization, elective courses the profile of graduates and training introduced into the curriculum are cohered with the needs and requirements of the modern labour market. The training includes modern content of education, latest research results of university staff, as well as the accumulated experience and information of leading international and national universities, professional societies and companies. Great attention is paid to foreign language training.
In order to improve teaching practices classes and excursions into core educational institutions and enterprises in the city of Tomsk and other Russian cities are being organized. According to the results of practical work students have the opportunity to qualify as technician, accountant, turner, electrician, computer operator, advertising, travel or real estate agent, etc.
The strategic plans for the future development include introduction of new specialized undergraduate and graduate programs, searching for ways and opportunities to strengthen the “Research Institute - University – Enterprise” interaction, which would promote potential of science, education and business in joint projects.
Graduates will be able to continue their education in programme 13.00.08 “Theory and Teaching Methods of Vocational Training ”
The faculty consists of:
- Department of Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Department of Applied Mechanics
- Department of Life Safety
- Department of Applied Aesthetics and Design
The faculty offers training in the following programmes:
- 050500.62 “Technological education”(Technologies of Structural Materials Processing), qualification: Bachelor of Technology Education
- 050500.62 “Technological education” (Technology of Tissues and Foods )” qualification: Bachelor of Technology Education
- 050100.62 “ Natural Science” (Life Safety), qualification: Bachelor of science education.
- 050100.62 “Teacher education” (Technology and Economics), qualification: Bachelor.
- 050100.62 “Teacher education” (Life Safety and Technology), qualification: Bachelor.
- 050100.62 “Teacher education” (Technology and Safety), qualification: Bachelor.
- 051000.62 “Vocational training” (Arts, crafts and design), qualification: Bachelor.
- 051000.62 “Vocational training” (Transportation), qualifications: Bachelor.
- 050100.68 “Teacher education” (Vocational Education), qualification: Master.
- 050100.68 “Teacher education” (Life Safety), qualification: Master.