Faculty of Physical Training and Sports
Dean: Oleg Smirnov
Address: 634061, Tomsk, ul. Kievskaya, 62 A, office 31
Phone: (3822) 522061
Fax: (3822) 522061
The area of professional activity of graduates
The main task of the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports is to provide high quality professional training, support and enhancement of professional skills of the teaching staff. Our graduates successfully fulfill themselves in such areas as social service, culture, sport, recreation and rehabilitation, sphere of services, tourism, management, scientific research works and performance art. Graduates of the faculty are taking leading teaching and administrative positions in educational institutions.
THE MAIN FEATURES of education at the faculty of physical training and sports:
The main components of the curriculum in all departments of the faculty are the following:
- fundamental training in sports;
- basic training in economics, sociology, political science, psychology and pedagogy;
- language training.
The implementation of these components is provided by the introduction of new educational technologies and students’ research activities. Special attention is paid to the individual work of students as well as to consideration of the real-world problems in research. An important feature of the training is to obtain the skills of teamwork, participation in real team projects during practical training.
The faculty consists of:
- Department of adaptive physical education
- Department of swimming
- Department of sports and martial arts
- Department of sports disciplines
- Department of higher sportsmanship
- Department of physical training
- Department of theory and teaching methods of physical training and sport
The faculty provides training in the following programmes:
- 050100.62 Teacher Education. Physical Training and Additional Education
- 050100.62 Teacher Education. Physical Training and Economics
- 034300.62 Physical Training.
- 050100.68 Teacher Education. Physical Training