Faculty of Physics and Mathematics
Dean: Elena Pianykh
Address: 634041, Tomsk, pr. Komsomolsky, 75, office 255
Phone: (3822) 550132
The task of the faculty and the area of professional activity of graduates.
The main objective of the faculty is to achieve the highest world level training standards of specialists, bachelors and masters for the highly professional pedagogical activity.
The graduates of the pedagogical faculties occupy the leading teaching positions in the regional educational institutions and efficiently solve problems in physics, mathematics and information science education.
The graduates of faculty’s non-pedagogical programs should effectively solve any professional and industrial objectives; meet the highest training standards of Tomsk State Pedagogical University as well as the industrial and profession-relevant requirements.
THE main features of Faculty of Physics and Mathematics training program:
The main components of the curriculum in all departments of the faculty are the following:
- fundamental training in computer science, mathematics, physics;
- basic training in economics, sociology and political science;
- language training;
- basic training in psychology and pedagogy.
The implementation of these components is provided with new educational technologies and students’ scientific research. Special attention is paid to the individual work of students and consideration of the real-world problems in research.
An important feature of the learning process is to obtain the skills of teamwork, participation in team projects with practical training and internships.
Our graduates will work in the society oriented on life-long learning. They will be highly demanded professionals in the rapidly growing market for educational services with ability to effectively fulfill themselves in the modern IT-related conditions.
The faculty consists of:
- Department of Information Science
- Department of Mathematics, Theory and Teaching Methods of Mathematics
- Department of Mathematical Analysis
- Department of Physics
- Department of Theoretical Physics
- Department of Information Technologies
- Centre for Physics and Mathematics and Science Education
- Department of Physics Education Development
- Department of Mathematics Education Development
- Interuniversity Centre for Intellectual Development of Personality
- Research and Education Centre for Theoretical Physics
- Research and Education Centre for Psychological and Educational Research in Physics and Mathematics Education
Faculty provides training in the following programmes:
- 050100.62 Teacher Education. Mathematics and Physics
- 050100.62 Teacher Education. Mathematics and Economics
- 050100.62 Teacher Education. Computer Science and Mathematics
- 050100.62 Teacher Education. Mathematics and Computer Science
- 050200.62 Physical and mathematical education. Mathematics
- 050200.62 Physical and mathematical education. Physics
- 050200.62 Physical and mathematical education. Computer Science
- 230200.62 Information Systems
- 230400.62 Information Systems and Technology
- 010400.68 Applied Mathematics and Computer Science. Educational programme: Applied Computer Science
- 011200.68 Physics. Educational programme: Theoretical Physics
- 050100.68 Teacher Education. Educational programme: Mathematics Education
- 050100.68 Teacher Education. Educational programme: Physical Education
- 050100.68 Teacher Education. Educational programme: Computer Science in Education